Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy Friday


Happy Friday and Cinco de Mayo. I have nuttin for ya today. I'll be traveling into the main office today and having lunch with a friend and maybe I'll do some actual work later in the day...Nah. I'll try to read through your posts this afternoon. If my comments don't make sense, it's because I had one to many margaritas at lunch.

I will leave you with an irritating tidbit. A blogger, who lives in my area, has called for a boycott of all Mexican restaurants today in answer to the immigration protests on Monday. Two flaws in your theory, sweetie. A) you're rather unfairly targeting Mexicans...there are illegals from other countries, you know. I know it's Cinco de Mayo but the other cultures don't have cool holidays where we all go to their restaurants. If you're going to boycott, make it all inclusive and B) planning your demonstration at a U.S. owned chain restaurant accomplishes nothing. Illegals don't own that restaurant, Bob Evans does. Actually, the Mexican's should protest that restaurant for providing a very poor example of their native food.

I do have a story to add to this. There's a Mexican restaurant that I used to frequent. A few days after 9/11 I went there with a friend for lunch. There was a memorial service on TV for the fallen. It was hard enough to choke back the tears while I ate given what was being displayed on the TV. I couldn't hold it back any longer when the servers gathered hands in the middle of the restaurant and, in broken English, began to sing Amazing Grace. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. Nope....I'm having a taco for lunch today. Thank you very much.

I'm outta here. Have fun!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I'm debating hitting my favorite mexican restaurant this evening for chimichangas and margaritas...but the debate doesn't have anything to do with the rally the other day. The debate is because I'm debating on how bad I'll feel tomorrow morning after drinking too many margaritas! :)

Have a great weekend! Adios! :)

7:32 AM  
Blogger xwy said...

Man, there's a reason I don't compose posts directly from blogger....I babble too much!

PQ - Go anyway...you have to let off steam somehow!!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Have a great week-end Angie and I loved the story about 9/11. Very touching. The people at our local mexican restaurant (well the one closest to my place of work) are GREAT. Always good food and service and they always speak if I see them out somewhere else (Mall,Target etc.).

9:39 AM  
Blogger Grant said...

I think the whole protest either didn't work or backfired anyway. A local Mexican restaurant shut down on Monday. The result - people ate somewhere else. Yeah, that showed us.

I ate at Umezono for lunch, so I'm still supporting the immigrants. Especially the hot J-usagi waitresses.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Seven said...

Nice articulation of a collection of personal thoughts and feelings. Well done.

3:19 PM  
Blogger xwy said...

Cakes - Thanks, sweetie! Have a great weekend!

Grant - The worst thing was the only hand they bit was the one that feeds them. The employers were the ones that were inconvenienced and lost $.

Rick - You're soooo sweet. I babble on about nothing & you still tell me I did a great job. :)

3:35 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Oh how touching and sad...I would've been bawling in my burritos too seeing that.

I love the spunk with which you put things out there. It's not just a rant, it's a well written and informative piece that fills in the blanks for me as a Kiwi. I like that!

2:58 PM  
Blogger xwy said...

Lisa - Glad to see your back safely from your holiday. Thanks for the compliments. An ex used to refer to me as "spicy". I'm glad to see that it comes across in my writing...it means you're seeing the real me!

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home