Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Things You Always Wanted to Know But Were Afraid to Ask

By royal order of the PQ, here are the first 25 things that you always wanted to know about me but were afraid to ask.....

  1. I don’t eat generic cereal. I poured what looked like a gray hairball into my cereal bowl one morning. I still can’t walk down the cereal isle at the grocery without getting nauseous.
  2. I can change the oil in my car (notice I said “can” and not “do”)
  3. I have a birthmark that runs down the back of my left leg from my butt cheek to my toes. No one ever notices it [Thank God!]
  4. I love popsicles - the kind that come in liquid form that you have to actually freeze yourself.
  5. I have a low tolerance for incompetence.
  6. #5 is why I could never work in a fast food restaurant.
  7. I believe in ghosts and a higher power.
  8. I believe that true evil exists in each of us – if we allow it.
  9. I love fresh fruit and veggies.
  10. One of my friends nicknamed me Stinky when we were younger. There is a story behind this that will never be revealed. Never. Stop asking…I said NEVER!
  11. I like to turn all the lights out in the house and watch scary movies at night.
  12. I sleep with the bathroom light on when I do # 11.
  13. I will stand naked in my back yard while it’s raining…as soon as I get a 6 foot fence.
  14. I believe in fate and chance.
  15. I also believe that I create my own destiny. Go figure that one out.
  16. I won’t eat American cheese unless it’s melted or drink milk unless it contains some sort of chocolate.
  17. Ingesting either of these in the wrong form will make me gag.
  18. I believe that my computer, car and riding lawn mower are out to destroy my financial well-being.
  19. Tequila makes me silly, wine makes me cry and beer seems to get me drunk with no apparent affect on my mood.
  20. I believe that the thirst for knowledge is the sign of true intelligence.
  21. I believe that there is one thing that will make each of us happy and that life is about the journey to figure out what that thing is.
  22. I fear I will grow old without ever figuring out #21.
  23. Watching the movie Twister makes me cry. Don’t ask. I’ve tried to analyze it. There’s no reason.
  24. I read constantly. Sometimes fiction, sometimes non-fiction. It just depends on my mood.
  25. I love peanut butter.

14 Comments:

Blogger Seven said...

Is it bizzare to NOT believe 21, yet believe 22?????

# 21 I believe that there is one thing that will make each of us happy and that life is about the journey to figure out what that thing is.
# 22 I fear I will grow old without ever figuring out #21.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

I eagerly await yout next 25! Fellow peanut butter lover here!
I won't eat generic cereal either.
I won't eat processed american cheese. Must be true cheddar. Velveeta - ARRGHHH...

9:15 AM  
Blogger xwy said...

Rick - So fear you will grow old without figuring out what makes you happy but you don't believe that, for each of us, there is one thing that will make us happy?

I think I need more coffee. #26 - I am easily confused without sufficient caffeine intake.

9:18 AM  
Blogger xwy said...

Cakes - Peanut butter rules! I have a weird thing with cheese. I can eat a few types in their natural state. All others make me gag unless they're melted. What can I say...I'm weird!!!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That is so funny about your birthmark....I have what I call "racing strips" down the back of both of my calves...it's just a faint ever-so-light brown line!

Did I not tell you that peanut butter is the nector of the Gods???

And I think I would truly go insane if I didn't have something to read every day...;)

10:21 AM  
Blogger xwy said...

PQ - hehehe "racing strips". Mine is more of a purple color but still, no one notices...Wait, does that mean no one is checking out my ass? I'm not sure I like that thought.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ok I love you now. Lets get married (and then hate each other???) :)

9:44 PM  
Blogger Retro Girl said...

#5--me too!
#11--this is so liberating and wonderful lol! Especially if you have a pool, with the 6ft privacy fence and like to swim naked at nite..

my 'gag' thing is the smell of bananas..everyone I've ever worked with (who I won't let eat a banana around me at work) thinks I'm weird for it lol.

New reader...and enjoying your blog very much!! :-)

9:49 PM  
Blogger xwy said...

SJ - I would but I promised to marry Grant yesterday...the problem is I have to get jaundice and squint a lot. If that doesn't work out I'm all yours baby!

Retro Girl - So glad you stopped by! Banana's....I don't think I've ever heard of anyone gagging over banana's. And you're liberated enough to enjoy #11! You're definitely part of this band of merry misfits now!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

grrrr that Grant again...

I'll wait and meanwhile "talk" *insert sinsiter smirk* to Grant.

10:15 AM  
Blogger xwy said...

SJ - I should explain...I, ummm, well...I proposed to Grant. But hey, I proposed to someone and then was proposed to by someone else all in the span of 24 hours...that's got to be a record, right???? Besides, I don't see myself contracting jaundice just to get a man...geesh, I have some self-respect. lol

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey I like #19. I believe we have experienced that one before :)

Mic Mic

7:32 PM  
Blogger xwy said...

Mic Mic - So glad you commented! Yes, we have some stories to tell about that, don't we????

11:58 AM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

(1) Yourbirthmak sounds like a racing stripe to me.

(2) I've never put up a six foot fence, but I'm willing to give it a try (just kidding).

(3) I can understand computers and cars, but the thought of scheming lawn mowers is sheer paranoia.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home