Tuesday, May 02, 2006

You Did WHAT???

I've been in a bit of a funk for a little while now. I have this urge to do something exciting, out of character, maybe even a little scary. Not "boo" scary but more like "you did WHAT?!!" scary. Or maybe something goofy, like I used to do in high school. Who am I kidding? Like I used to do up until a few years ago. Maybe I’m having a midlife crisis….or maybe it’s just spring fever....or boredom...or maybe I just need a good vacation. The problem is I have no idea what I want to do to scratch this itch. I've started a list but I don't think I've hit on it yet. Any ideas???

  1. Take a week off work and drive up the coast. Stopping at any place that looks interesting. Who wouldn't want to see the world's largest ball of twine?
  2. Sail around the Caribbean island-hopping for a summer
  3. Meet a bartender there named Raul (No, not Denny's Raul)
  4. Get a tattoo
  5. Drive a car around Daytona for a few laps at top speed
  6. Not wreck it into the wall on Turn 1
  7. Lay on a nude beach
  8. Leave on a moment's notice to Rome for the weekend (No, not Rome, GA...the other Rome)
  9. Meet a bartender there named Giovanni
  10. Be an extra in a movie
  11. Learn to drive a motorcycle
  12. Fall in love…again
  13. Walk into McDonald's at 10:31 a.m. in my pjs with bunny slippers on, no make-up, hair unbrushed and demand to be served breakfast
  14. Say yes when someone dares me to do something without thinking about the consequences


6 Comments:

Blogger Grant said...

Go with the motorcycle. Harley-Davidson / Buell actually has a program to teach people to ride. Then you can get an emblem sewn on a leather jacket and begin terrorizing the locals, weather permitting of course. Mothers, lock up your sons! :)

12:36 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Hey, I thought you were going to Costa Rica with me! :)

I think you should do any/all of them and then come here and blog about. I have to live vicariously thru someone...so why not you? ;)

3:20 PM  
Blogger xwy said...

Grant - That turned out to be a really good tip...thanks. hehehe...it's really just an excuse to buy leather pants and new boots.

PQ - I am! I am!! You think I'm kidding...I'd leave today.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Seven said...

Hmmm....well like I suggested to Cakes, Paradise Lakes Resort, Tampa Florida is a pretty good place to go naked in peace.
I don't like tats. I'm sure you are quite pretty without (or without any more) unless you want to put a large portrait of me in a loin cloth holding a spear between your shoulder blades on your back in multi-color. That is OK; go ahead.

6:01 PM  
Blogger xwy said...

Rick - Oh, sure. You get your likeness engraved on a gold medal and now you think you deserve to be emblazened on everything. I see how you are! ;)

I'm just restless. I want to put a note on the front door saying I'll be back in a month and just let the wind blow me wherever it desires.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

they all sound intriguing.... personally i'd like to hop a train to anywhere..... sort of like an old hobo or something.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home