Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaack

Stop groaning. Seriously, thanks for everyone's kind words yesterday....and JD's slap in the face. He's right...he's always right...fecker. I was laying low because of someone else's psychosis which was wrong. I'm stronger than that. All better now. On with the post.....

I’ve been dating for about 15 years now. Sheesh, that sounds really bad. I’ve dated winners and losers. Ones that I’ve prayed would call and ones that I prayed would never call back. Everyone said “'it will happen when you stop looking" or "when you least expect it". I was always too busy looking or expecting to listen to them. Actually, I always thought it was a load of crap. Something people say to make the loveless feel better. Sort of like when mothers tell 1st time moms that labor doesn’t hurt that bad. Yeah...I’m not falling for that one either.

I made myself a promise recently, in case all the married people who gave me advice were really right, that when I scrapped the bottom of the barrel I would stop. Well, not stop dating but stop looking. I decided at that point I probably wouldn’t care about looking much longer. I hit rock bottom rather quickly after saying that. Evidently, Fate has a wicked sense of humor. So in keeping with my agreement, I've finally stopped looking. No more waiting for Mr. Right to magically appear across the gym, or in the grocery, or on the highway exit ramp….hey, I just said I’ve been at this for 15 years, I had to lower my standards a little...

Ok, Fate, I’m putting all my faith in you. **tapping fingers impatiently** You can send him any time now **more tapping** Seriously, just drop him at my doorstep. **loud, ticking noise** Do you hear that????????? It’s my biological clock…get on with it already!!!

Maybe this is God’s way of teaching me patience?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I actually do believe that "it will happen when you least expect it" part. Another way of looking at it is...since it's not something you can control why waste a lifetime sulkign and crying and instaed at least concentrate on what you can control:having a good time.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

so great to have you back. and it wasn't a hard slap, was it? ;) you deserve a great guy, and yes, when he finally shows up, i'll be jealous. :)

9:15 AM  
Blogger xwy said...

SJ - I agree. I may sulk and cry for a few minutes here or there but for the most part...I just try to live my life.

JD - No, sweetie. It was just the motivation I needed. No need to let someone else's issues scare me away from my own blog.

9:23 AM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

Perhaps the not-looking time will give you an opportunity to grow as a person, to find, and then develop other strengths. I believe this, more often than not is why people find significant others when they aren't looking.

BTW, we don't have much say in how others present themselves to the world--whether that person is clinically psychotic or not.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Wow i'm amazed at all the insight and good advice you are getting. Who's giving you a hard time? Do I need to open up a can of whoop-ass on them?

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home