Friday, September 22, 2006

Anywhere But Here....

Sorry I haven't posted this week. I've been busy cleaning things up at work. Obviously, the penalty for taking vacation is dealing with the work that accumulated while I was out.

It's not been a great week. I spilled an entire cup of freshly poured and steaming hot coffee down my shirt yesterday (a travel cup no less). Which hurt like hell and left an really nice red mark on my breast. I spent most of yesterday morning holding an ice bag on it. Thankfully, I was at home yesterday and not actually in the office. Can you imagine explaining that to everyone who walked past? Hmmm, I guess I could have said my new tattoo hurt...or maybe concocted a story about wild monkey sex gone awry. I can't tell if the mark is still there because evidently I slept the wrong way on my neck last night and can only move my head to the left. Feeling sorry for me yet? lol.

I keep thinking back to vacation. I met a friend while I was there. We had planned to have lunch and take a walk on the beach. The weather, however, had a different plan in mind as the skies were gray and the rain wouldn't stop. Instead we grabbed lunch at a tiny dinner that looked as if it had been there since the beginning of time and then drove to a secluded spot and talked about life as the rain poured down on the roof of the truck and the waves crashed onto the beach. He was intelligent, funny and more handsome than even his pictures led me to believe. *Don't tell him but I let him lead the way out of the restaurant so I could check out his legs ;) I wish every day could be that relaxing. If it was, I don't think I'd care about spilled coffee or neck pains.

12 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice ice bag . LOL.

If you hold ice bags to your breast would that make you cold hearted. Harhar. Hey I think its funny!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Retro Girl said...

Sorry to hear that you burned one of the "gals"..Ouch!..."Franken-Neck" is always such a pain. When your neck hurts, that's all you can focus on sometimes. You need to go have a lovely massage.

Life certainly is at a more slow, relaxed, casual pace in a beach town...wish it were that way everywhere...

2:08 PM  
Blogger xwy said...

SJ - heehee. would that be cold hearted with headlights?

RG - I know, of all the places I could have burned!! I got some Icy Hot for my neck...why does that stuff smell so bad??? Now I have a burned breast and smell like Pepto...isn't that attractive!!!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Hon I hope your neck and your breast get to feeling better soon. Yay for new friends :) Sounds kinda romantic.. rain beating down on the roof of the truck...

3:02 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Coming back from holiday is always a big anti-climax kinda thing isn't it? Then you have to deal with all the backlog and work and that just makes it more crappy lol

Sorry to hear you seem intent on hurting yourself, what's up with that?? Hope your bits are feeling less sizzled tonight.

So? What news of his legs then?? You told us you checked them out and then you didn't say what you thought of them? More info please :-P

4:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nice post. sorry to hear about the burn. ouch, i hate when that happens. have a great weekend.

5:32 PM  
Blogger xwy said...

Cakes - Feeling better already. The rain did make a peaceful relaxing sound.

Lisa - I'm not sure why I'm intent on maiming myself this week...thankfully it's almost over. Legs? Well, let's just say the view from the front made me want to see the view from the back! Very nice.

JD - Yes, add pouring coffee to the list of things you shouldn't do while nekkid...just kidding, but it made for a nice mental pic, no?

8:59 PM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

(1) Look at the bright side. At least your name is Angie, not Robin. Otherwise, you'd have to listen to the same lame joke all day.

(2) So the restaurant look like it had been there since the dawn of time? Never been there. I have, however, been to plenty of restaurants that are so slow I could swear that I entered them before time began.

1:46 AM  
Blogger poet said...

hope you will get back into the groove. vacations are great, while you are on one, or looking forward to one, or planning one. returning from one just sux.
have a good weekend.

7:26 AM  
Blogger xwy said...

X - I've been to those restaurants too. Come to think of it, the service wasn't the speediest..

Poet - The worst part about vacation is definitely the letdown of coming back to reality. Hope you had a nice weekend!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Seven said...

Once again, I see an impression is made by the rain; perhaps a bigger impression than spilled coffee made?
Storm on.

10:58 AM  
Blogger xwy said...

7 - well you know what the rain does to Stormy. :)

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home