Thursday, September 07, 2006

It's A Bird, It's A Plane........

No, it's a roadable aircraft....or in non-technical terms, a flying car (click on the video to watch a demo). This is sooooooooo cool! Remember those cartoons with flying cars? Or the Tomorrowland exhibits at the amusement park which promised we'd all have flying cars by the year 2000? Well, looks like it may be a possibility in 2009 (for a mere $148,000). And before anyone mentions fuel efficiency.....it gets 30 mpg city/40 highway/40 airborne. How long do you think it will take before they build landing strips beside the highways?

***************************************
Sorry for not posting more this week. I've been busy wrapping up projects at work, suffering through a cold and packing every piece of clothing I own....I'm not sure why. I'll end up spending the entire week in my bathing suit. Ahhh, the mysteries of life.

You'll all be glad to know that I'm feeling more like Stormy lately. I'm taking my pen and paper with me (because I'm a heathen and don't own a laptop). I feel some posts brewing.

A word of warning to all those who would rather not think about it....because I will be gone on 9/11, my tribute as part of the 2,996 project will be posted tomorrow night and will stay up until I return next weekend. You've been warned.

12 Comments:

Blogger xwy said...

For those of you who don't know...a fellow blogger gave me the nickname Stormy a few months ago to describe my writing style (and it actually fits my personality too).

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you catch a rest over the weekend. glad you had a moment to check in. take it easy....poet

10:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like heathens. Heathens are sexy!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Glad to hear a little from you however brief, have a great week and we'll catch you next weekend full of lots of news!

Welcome back oh stormy one :)

12:51 AM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

It's funny, but I haven't written much about 9/11, mostly because I'm still a bit too close to it, and it's still a rather painful memory at this point. I'll probably do a single post on it, but that's about it.

I use notebook and paper too, instead of a laptop. It would really work out great if I could read my own handwriting.

You know, at $148K, the flying car is much cheaper than a Bentley, or Rolls. But can you imagine drunk drivers flying into people's houses, and running them over while they lie asleep in bed?

But that's progress for you.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Honey i'm glad you are feeling better. Have a WONDERFUL vacation! Looking forward to your 9/11 post.
The flying cars,now that is something i'm interested in. Hopefully it will cut down on people running over wildlife but the birds... who is thinking about the birds?..... ;)

8:38 AM  
Blogger xwy said...

Poet - No time for sleeping...must keep going...zzzzzzzz.

SJ - I never thought of it that way. I guess heathens are sexy. :)

Lisa - I'm hoping to have much to tell & all sorts of posts on why and how and whatever else my feeble mind can think up!

X - I knew there was a possibility that others, closer to the topic, would be reading so I wanted to warn everyone just in case. Although I had no specific loss in the tragedy I still found it rather hard to write without tearing up. This tribute is supposed to be a celebration of life but I just kept thinking that here was a person who went to work one morning and never came home. There, but for the grace of God....

There are many facets of flying cars that have to be worked out before it can be successful on a large scale. I'm just wondering how long the government will let it go before they step in and regulate it.

Cakes - The birds! I never thought about the birds. I did think about the challenge facing police in trying to pull someone over in mid-air...

10:25 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OK, now if you go and start flashing old men in these type of cars, you'll have them flying into buildings or cars... I'm thinking flying cars may not be a good idea!

10:29 AM  
Blogger xwy said...

Gary - Hadn't thought about that either. I guess there will be no fooling around in the flying car on long trips either...Of course, it would allow you to do fly-by's of 20 year olds laying in their bikini's by the pool....

10:33 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

I gotta get me one of those!

1:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OK, now you've sold me! Where do I get one?

2:31 PM  
Blogger Retro Girl said...

Those are pretty cool. Would be useful if it worked so that when there are traffic jams...just get going and fly away lol.

If you are looking for alternative housing - look up a Yurt. Those are cool too lol. Saw them on Discovery channel. Can be put anywhere.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home