Sunday, October 08, 2006

For Reasons of Avoiding Prosecution.....

I had a great time hanging out this weekend with my adopted family in south Georgia. We went to the Georgia National Fair (I still haven't figured out why they call it a National fair) and saw Gretchen Wilson in concert. That particular area of the state doesn't allow the sale of adult beverages so we conned someone else into driving and put a cooler full of beer in the back of the SUV. Then we said a little prayer that we didn't get jailed for breaking the open container law by imbibing said beverages on the looooong ride further into the Land of Cotton. Once there, we snuck back to the car several times to imbibe some more. Some imbibed more than others. *coughs* lol. We finally got smart and filled a Coke bottle with whiskey (and a splash of Coke). Which worked until Cassia and I got busted. Ahhhh, I felt like a teenager again. Funny, there's something much more shameful about getting busted by concert security when you're in your 30s... Much more debauchery ensued over the course of the night, but...*ahem*....for reasons of avoiding prosecution those adventures will not be discussed further...

Thanks to Micki for using her super powers to get us backstage! Standing next to Gretchen made me feel like a big cow. She's teeeeeeny tiny and very sweet. The music was great. I hate going to a live performance and discovering that the real talent you hear on their CD came from behind the mixing board. This concert, however, was no disappointment.

As expected I woke yesterday to a slight headache and a feeling that I hadn't slept in 3 days which was a subtle reminder from my body of why I don't drink like that anymore. lol. I crawled to the car, grabbed a Coke, slipped Nickelback into the CD player (which surprisingly didn't bother the headache) and started the long drive back to reality. Realizing that I can listen to Nickelback again, be reminded of someone and not wonder what might have been...made me turn it up a little louder.

***I'll add some photos later. Blogger is being a butt....again...and won't let me post them.

15 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

There are times I think, hmmm it must be nice to be single and without kids and be able to make road trips like that... but only at times :)

10:55 AM  
Blogger xwy said...

Gary - I'd give up the road trips in a heart beat...

12:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kooks like someone had fun :)

Whats happens Georgia gets blogged for all the world to read :)

12:47 PM  
Blogger xwy said...

SJ - yeah, so much for 'what happens in Georgia stays in Georgia'!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Girl I am giggling at you being busted by concert security.
Gretchen seems like a cool chick.
I hate feeling like a big cow so I think I will never stand next to her. Thanks for warning me!

1:09 PM  
Blogger xwy said...

Cakes - Yeah, I could have taken the security guy. Old geezer wouldn't let us have any fun. It was the state trooper standing behind him that scared the poop out of me!

Rick - And it doesn't hurt that she's pretty easy on the eyes, huh?!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Just a slight headache? Girl, you're doing GOOD! As of this past Sunday morning, I'm off the booze. I'm beginning to like it too much...and find I can drink LOTS more of it than I used to!

Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL time (despite getting busted...but that probably made it even MORE fun!) ;)

P.S. - I LOVE Nickelback...especially their new song...bet that's the song you're talking about isn't it?

2:36 PM  
Blogger Grant said...

I love the fact that I can still party as hard as ever, plus I can withstand the mosh pit at death metal concerts. I rule! It's the J-food and exercise.

2:43 PM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

Despite the whisky, you still had a good time, and can remember most of it. Glad to hear the concert wasn't a washout.

Apparently, security didn't boot you from the premises. I'm assuming they just made you ditch the can. They had to have been looking out for such things, specifically--either that, or you sipped more from the Coke can than you realized.

Sounds like you had a good time. And we'll wait patiently for the really juicy details of the trip until after the statutes of limitation have passed.

4:47 PM  
Blogger xwy said...

PQ - Been there. It's like your ability to consume alcohol becomes a super power. Good luck :)

I'm not sure if you're referring to Saving Me or Far Away. Both are great songs. No, this relationship was more like For All the Wrong Reasons. lol. He gave me the CD so I associate him with Nickelback. Unfortunately, we never learned how to communicate with each other.

Grant - All hail, Grant. I exercise so it's not that. I'm starting to think you really DID sell your soul to the devil.

X - I was comfortable enough to enjoy but not loaded enough incur the day after massacre...you know, when the evening replays in sloooow motion and you remember all the things that you'd rather forget?

10:38 PM  
Blogger Retro Girl said...

I haven't been to a state fair since I was 16 years old... I bet it was a kaleidascope of sounds, smells, and sights lol....They are usually lots of fun...(And a feast for Mullet Seekers LOL)

How cool - you got backstage to meet Gretchen! Did you get pictures? You should send in to Blender Magazine - I think if your pic with a celeb is posted - they'll give you some Swag/prize.

Sounds like you had a blast! We'll be waitin on those pics...

(I agree...blogger is always suffering major PMS)

10:29 AM  
Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Ummmm....'scuse me...but didn't someone say she was going to be posting some pictures? ;)

Hope you can...seems that blogger is being a real bitch for me this morning!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lol, sounds like a lot of fun. :) great post, now show us the pics of said mayhem. :)

10:53 AM  
Blogger xwy said...

Clay - Thanks for stopping by!

RG - You know I was really surprised that I didn't see any mullets...especially given that we were deep into south Georgia. Oh well! Yes, I did get a pic with her but it's a Polaroid. And I look loooooovely after so much beer and afternoon sun!

PQ - Yes, dear. Please tell the a-holes at work to lay off so that I can get some time to post!

JD - I will! I will!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

Here's sad: I have gone to one concert in my life. One. It was Billy Joel when I was a teen.

Unlike Grant :P I end up having less and less of an ability to be wild and stay up/drink/etc as I get older. However, I eat nice fatty foods and never get off my ass, so I am certain that in my case, that IS part of the problem. That's why I carry Excedrin in my purse! haha! You never know when you might need it!

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home