Monday, January 08, 2007

Bad Mood Rising

I'm in a bad, bad mood today. Actually it started yesterday afternoon. I can't really point to one cause...which is irritating me even more. I don't relish being in a bad mood... I prefer to be happy, carefree... Not sitting here like a troll figuring out who to spit venom at next. So in an effort to turn around my mood, I'm borrowing a note from Patti-Cakes and issuing a PSA... or a few.

To Little Miss Can't Be Wrong at work....Don't call me 5 minutes before the end of my day to tell me that a process that I created is wrong. Don't proceed to tell me that you've paraded said process around the corporate office before coming to me with your concerns. If you absolutely feel the need to do the above, be prepared to have a better answer than "because" when I ask you why it's wrong. **Update: when proven wrong, please make sure to take your happy little butt back through the corporate office and set the record straight.

To the A-wipe at the Grocery.... berating your wife in the aisle of the grocery store does not make you more of a man, especially while doing it in front of your children. You looked like a complete idiot flailing around, referring to her as a whiny baby and proceeding to make crying noises. She looked haggered and broken. I wasn't hanging out in the frozen foods section for my health. I wanted to tell her that there was a way out. And if I ever see her again, I will work up the courage to interfere.

To My Best Friend...whom I adore...please refrain from calling me during the work day to inform me that we are under a tornado warning...especially when it's really a watch. Warning = sighting, watch = possibility. I really appreciate your concern but you nearly gave me a heart attack.

To the Guy at Blockbuster....you were parked in the FIRE LANE of a busy shopping center, 10 feet from an intersection and impeding traffic. Yes, I was laughing at the fact that the guy in front of me nearly plowed you over as you got out of your car. If you don't like it....those white stripes on the pavement are parking spaces...USE THEM!!

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. I feel better already.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LOL, I have those days too! Unfortunately the only thing that can make you feel better is yourself... Or taking a baseball bat to someone :)

11:43 AM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Let it out honey! People are idiots and we are forced to come into contact with them daily. Unfortunately

12:11 PM  
Blogger xwy said...

Gary - Oooo, a baseball bat! That would have worked miracles.

Cakes - They really should come with neon signs so you can see them approaching. Now I know why you do weekly PSAs. I felt better immediately!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Seven said...

I gotta tell you when I see guys like you described in the grocery store, its all I can do to not take a bully to task right there in that moment. I mean I really have to fight the urge. I despise bullies.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am here you can start feeling better now :D

You lie back and relax I'll see that these peeps are "taken care of".

10:46 PM  
Blogger xwy said...

7 - Same here. It took everything I had not to belt him with a bag of frozen corn on the cob.

SJ - My HERO! I always feel better when you're around.

10:21 PM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

Hmm. Sounds like you're surrounded by fools down there.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home